Thursday, June 12, 2008

One Week Left...

Can you believe it???? Only one week left. Our flight is scheduled to leave at 7:20 am next Friday. Things are moving into place. I am getting more accomplished finally. We had a change of plans related to the time we are gone, but we have adjusted what we needed to and that is under control now. I will be doubly busy next Wednesday & Thursday, and Friday morning, but that's OK. The end result is what matters.

We've finished last minute luggage/book bag buying. The girls each now have a book bag on rollers. This will be their carry on, filled with lots of things to keep them busy. Oh, but I still need to buy another CD player for Autumn to listen to music if she wants. And some good snacks. That will be a must for when we meet her. I do have some mini-tootsie pops to take and gum. I have to make a list of last minute things to buy. As you can tell I never did get to making my lists. I worked at my new school Monday and Tuesday. They had gotten lots of great books in at the end of the year and they needed all that fun processing that school libraries require. By the end of the first day I felt at home there. I'm going from elementary to middle school, so things should be quite interesting. The library is huge and has a beautiful wall of windows over looking a pond. So those two days working put me a little behind as far as getting ready and making those lists.

However, today was a day of great accomplishments, wiring of money, bank runs, phone calls to this person, that place, and the other thingy, trip to the pool for Anna Lin, mom's taxi service for Spencer, an over-nighter for Noah, etc., etc., etc. Zak was gracious to let Anna Lin sit with him while he played his racing game. It was hilarious to listen to. She was just yapping away (and Zak (17) is not a big talker). At one point he was ready to start a new race and Anna Lin said said with all of her six-year old sincerity, "I hope this one is good and you win it Zak." This occurred while I washed all Autumn's clothes and matching dresses I bought for our two girls. There is only one set of exact matching dresses and matching pj's (pink satin, ruffles, and lady bugs--I could not resist!). I am more of a 'same but different' kind of mom. So several dresses that are the same style but different colors or patterns. Now that the clothes are all washed and folded the packing can begin. I think we've decided each of us will check on piece of luggage and then have our carry on bag. So, this weekend will be the practice run to see if we can get all that we need in these three pieces of luggage. Shouldn't be a problem. We used the laundry service last time and did just fine taking five outfits total (which included the one we left in). That's what we are shooting for this time. The biggest issue is where to put all the 'activity things' I have bought over the past six months to keep the girls busy. It can't be anywhere Anna Lin will spot. She is soooooo nosey and persistent. It should be interesting to see if I can pull it off without General Anna Lin discovering my strategy or stash location!

Angi

1 comment:

Chisum Family said...

Angi, It sounds like it's all coming together...you're making me want to start packing and I'm still at least 3 months out! Can't wait to see your girls in their "matching" clothes.

Blessings--Leigh
www.ourchinaroad.blogspot.com