Thursday, June 26, 2008

Duck Feet

What Ric didn't tell you was that he didn't try the duck feet! Claws and all. But none of us did. It was from the feet that I knew what the meat was, since they were webbed. :-) The experience was a fun one and for the most part the food was good. I especially enjoyed the tomato soup, which was a broth with tomato pieces. There were fried pumpkin sticks which the girls loved too. Some small barely smashed fried potatoes, that I'm sure Ric, the meat & potato man enjoyed. We think we ordered some ribs, but not sure that is what it was. Most everyone enjoyed that, but I passed after trying some of it. I can't explain the taste of the sauce but it was too strong for me. There was some gelatinous small dumplings if you were skilled enough with the chopsticks to grab one. Slippery little devils. I was able to get a few at first, but in the end maybe my hands were getting tired and I just couldn't get anymore. The duck was good. Not sure how it was cooked, but it was fried. It didn't seem roasted but who knows. Definately marinated in some sauce, very brown. Anna Lin and Lei really enjoyed the legs. There was a lemon soup, like a warm liquid lemon jello. I passed after a taste. Too sweet for me. The potato noodles were very good. We had these in Jinhua too as Ric said. They served these last. But we all wished they would have been first. They looked clear which is interesting when you think of potatoes. But I wonder if they are really their sweet potatoes, since the noodles are almost a clear gold color. I saw and tried some sweet potatoes at our breakfast buffet. The color seems similar, but who knows. Tien, go any ideas????

Fun time. We have enjoyed being able to visit and spend time with the Hanna's. They are very nice people. It is nice not to be alone here.

Angi

1 comment:

Tien said...

That dark sauce for the duck is probable Hoisin sauce. It's even better when you add a little peanut butter in the mix.

Oh btw Ric, Sassarita's misses you.

Tien